Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
« December 2023 »
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
2010 Litter Blog
Friday, 12 November 2010
First Breeding

We arrived in Washington around 7pm last night.  It was a pretty easy drive until the end where we got stuck in traffic for over an hour trying to go only 3 miles. 

After we arrived and gave the girls to settle down, we introduced Sophie to Bailey.  He did a good job flirting with her and they had their first breeding last night.  We will probably try one more time tomorrow morning then head back home.

We will probably schedule the ultrasound for about 4 weeks from now to confirm pregnancy and get a rough idea of the number of puppies.  If everything continues normally then she should be due on 1/11/11.

Posted by kineticbasenjis at 1:52 PM EST
Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink
Wednesday, 10 November 2010
Progesterone is Over 4
Sophie's progesterone test showed she was at 4.9 yesterday morning so it is time for us to hit the road to Washington.  If everything goes smoothly we should be in Washington tomorrow evening and will hopefully be homebound on Saturday.

Posted by kineticbasenjis at 11:03 PM EST
Updated: Wednesday, 10 November 2010 11:06 PM EST
Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink
Saturday, 6 November 2010
We Have Survived Week 1 of this year's Season
Rio came into season last Saturday and her sister Sophie followed her in on Monday.  It has been a busy week keeping the household separated and getting ready for taking Sophie to Washington.  On Wednesday Sophie had her first vet appointment for her Brucellosis test and her first progesterone test.  The test results were in on Thursday.  She is negative for Brucellosis so all is good there.  Her progesterone is at 0.2 which is pretty much what I expected for so early in her season.  We took her back in yesterday so we would know if we need to bring her back on Monday or can wait until Tuesday for her next test.  Should being getting the results soon.  When she gets to 4 we will need to hit the road to Washington.

Posted by kineticbasenjis at 2:09 PM EDT
Post Comment | Permalink

Newer | Latest | Older